Web Camera Security Version 1
 Request Features
 multichannel capture cards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Promediatech

11 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  03:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Promediatech a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I'm just dreaming, and I will not make any claim to have any understanding of drivers and interfaces for capture cards, but I have a number of multi-channel DVR capture cards. If the driver is installed, could an interface be incorporated for these? Of course I know this would take a lot of development, but perhaps for a larger scale (and of course more expensive) project it might be an idea. I have a generic Conexant 4-channel capture card, a Geovision 6-channel (GV600) capture card, and an Anykeeper 16-Channel capture card. Of course none of these cards seem to be directly compliant with DirectX interface standards. I suppose that may be asking a bit much, but given the poorly written software that comes with these cards, I'd much rather give you my money and have software that works, is powerful enough to do what is needed, and yet simple enough with which to contend for someone as overburdened as myself without getting a migraine. :)

Web Cam Admin

98 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  04:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting recommendation. I'm going to hold off giving you a complete answer just yet. My initial judgement is that this is something that would be implemented much further down the line if it is within scope of the software and development plans. Unfortunately this is out of my expertise but I will forward the request and try and get you a more informative response.

Thanks for the suggestion :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Web Camera Security System Help Forum © Dreamstruct Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000